Σάββατο 13 Νοεμβρίου 2010

Contagious [Part 6]


"Sometimes you think you're going one direction, and you're fine with it. Then later on you realize you were unknowingly looking into a mirror, you know? Life is a guessing game. And it's easy to guess wrong." I continued to try to console her. She seemed to be calmed by what I was saying.

It started to rain. First as small sprinkles.

"But I just got tired of everything. Everything I did was a giant struggle. And all I wanted was for it to be easier." She paused to wipe a tear away. "But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find that gray area. That space where it's comfortable."

I knew exactly what she was talking about. Since I had felt like this so many times before, I didn't really have a way of telling her it would get better. I knew for a fact that it could very well get much worse instead. Did I mention life is a guessing game? Well, sometimes you guess right, and you get punished for it instead of being rewarded.

The rain grew steadier. I looked around for any sort of shelter, but there was none.

So we sat on a fallen tree and stared at the ground as the rain started to pour. It was one of those moments when you blur everything else out, and just focus completely on the sound of the drenching rain. And ironically enough, everything was alright as long as it was pouring. We found solace sitting together with water dripping off of our faces.

She turned to look at me and our eyes met as I turned as well. I looked back at the ground.

She kissed my cheek and put her arms around me and then rested her head on my shoulder.

I could feel my face reddening as I smiled slightly and wished I hadn't looked back down at the ground.

I tried to analyze the moment, but too many thoughts were crawling through my mind. Somehow I figured it was going to be a lot harder to guess from here on out.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου