Πέμπτη 30 Δεκεμβρίου 2010

Contagious [Part 10]



I continued to walk until I reached the lake I had swam in earlier. As I neared the edge of the water, I looked around for a container to keep some in. It was a warm day and the terrain was exhausting to travel alone on.

Several yards from the bank was a flask. I twisted the cap off and looked inside of it with one eye open and one eye closed. It was empty. I carried it over to the lake and filled it with water. After taking a quick drink from the flask, I realized that someone had had tequila in it previously, and I was getting the watered down left over remnants of it. Anything to keep me going, right?

I finally came upon the road with the "dead end" sign laying to the side. Walking past it, I grasped for the chain underneath my shirt and held it tightly. As I got closer and closer to the abandoned carnival, I started hearing something. I walked faster so I could hear it clearer. Someone was screaming.

I began to run. Everything became a blur as my feet desperately clung to the dirt and pebbles while I was treading along. The screams became more distinct as I got closer and closer.

"Helpp!" someone cried.

It was a girl's voice.

As I whizzed past the merry go round and the old roller coaster, I finally saw them.

I grabbed him and threw him as hard as my body possibly allowed. I fell down with him and scrambled to get up but I settled for grabbing his leg and he settled for kicking me in the side of the head. My left eye went dark.

I punched wildly at the air and caught him with three of them. I was trying to punch clear through the other side of him. Through my right eye, I could see that he was bleeding just as much as I was. I wasn't sure where she was.

We both stood up slowly, not wanting to get hurt any more than we already were.

"Hey man, I don't want to have to hurt you", he said.

"Kris? Is that you? What the fuck are you doing here?" I was so confused.

Kris was my best friend. I had known him since Kindergarten. This was the first time we had ever fought.

I forgot to wait for a reply, because I already knew part of the answer.

"I'm going to fucking kill you", I reasoned.

I charged at him and put my shoulder right into his abdomen and we both flew forward. His body broke my fall and I think my fall broke his ribs.

He laid there in pain and I stood up and looked for Lauren.

She was sitting in one of the bumper cars, crying.

I walked over to where she was and just stood there.

"He wrote the letter", she said in between breaths.

"I never should have went to sleep", I said.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου