Σάββατο 16 Οκτωβρίου 2010

Contagious [Part 2.5]


After following the dusty road, step after lengthened step, I finally came to a ravine. There was a lake that must've been a half of a mile wide. It was U-shaped and lined with trees and reminded me of the summertime back at my home.

I started taking off my clothes so I could jump in and cool down. I unbuttoned my shirt first. The water was so serene, and enticing. The breeze whistled slightly, making small ripples in the glassy facade of the water. I undid the button to my jeans and slid them off.

I waded through the water until it was up to my waist and then dove forward into the crisp aquatic enlightenment. Swimming somewhere in the middle of the lake, I realized that I had forgotten to take off my gold chain that my father had given me when I was a little boy. It had a cross on the end of it with the name "Ivan" encrusted on it vertically.

I held it there in my hand while I thought about all of the things the chain has helped me get through. The time when I slipped on ice and fell on my face and bit clear through my lip. The time I drove home and saw my dog lying in the middle of the road with not an ounce of life left in its body. And then all the times I felt like ending it all, but couldn't because I was afraid. So I just cried.

A tear ran down my face, so I went under the water to get rid of it. There was no crying allowed right now. I needed to find food, and fast.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου