Δευτέρα 6 Σεπτεμβρίου 2010

Wait





I'm swimming.
Only, my legs are motionless, my arms stretched out
infinitely at my sides.
The silence is so deep, so compelling.
I reach for it, without moving, I reach with my soul.
I feel myself slipping, into the silence, into time.
Limitless time.
All at once, it's moving too fast, forcing me back into noise.
Your fingers find mine and twine themselves through, effortless.
The silence fades away completely as you pull me out and into
the screaming grey.
Your eyes are locked on mine, but you don't see me. I look
desperately for myself, but the old warmth is now drenched in pity.
You sigh, your warm breath mingling with the cool night air, and
tickling my frozen cheeks.
The wind whips around us, blowing strands of damp hair across
my face. I don't brush them away.
I'm trapped in your steely, uninterrupted gaze.
Finally, you stand up, breaking the unspoken link between us. I
see you flinch, but only slightly.
I stand too, but your back is turned, your shoulders hunched.
You begin to walk, slowly, but confidently, into the swallowing
unknown that is your future.
Dawn breaks the starry sky, casting tendrils of light
through the deep darkness.
I stumble, falling after you.
Your heart is racing, but you won't turn around, you can't.
I'm on my knees now, with the pressure of the world
closing in around me, holding me firmly to
the ground. I try to lift my head to look at you one last
time, but my heart holds it in place.
"Wait," I whisper.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου