Σάββατο 11 Σεπτεμβρίου 2010

What the Heck is an ACT Anyway?




1. ACT stands for _______________.

a. Accurately Corrupted Teenagers
b. Asshole Cheating Turtles
c. Angry Cat Tigers
d. American College Testing


If you chose D, you are correct. Although, while I took the ACT test, I saw some of those angry cat tigers.

Today I embarked on a journey that most high school students in the United States go through at one point. I took a test that is a reflection of all of the boring days when I sat in class drawing deranged kittens and writing stupid stories that I shared with my easily-humored classmates.

My experiences in nerdy things such as Math Field Day, which is basically a math competition where you take a test and the top 3 scorers get a trophy, followed by places 4-7 receiving a less macho "ribbon", guided me along through the anxious 4 hours where my brain was in turbo mode. (By the way, I've placed 2nd and 4th in the two times I've competed in Math Field Day. Don't judge me.)

It seemed like everything came together for me while I was taking the test. Although my stomach hurt from the nervousness of knowing I was about to take a test that would determine exactly how much knowledge I have randomly collected throughout my 17 years of existence (I have room for improvement), and I was only running on 3 hours of sleep (So much for a good night's rest), and I did NOT eat any breakfast before taking it (So much for the most important meal of the day), I felt like I f***ing aced it, for the most part. Excuse my language.

Speaking of language, English was the first section of the test. A good way to start, seeing as writing is basically all I do that is semi-productive, and I'm pretty good at it. Did I mention I love writing? 70 questions about grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and whatnot. And I don't think I missed any of them. So far, so good.

Next was Math. Did I mention I'm good at math? Although I'm sure I missed a few questions in this section, I'm pretty confident that I scored extremely high. And the best part was that I was over halfway done at this point.

The third section was Reading, where you had to read a passage and answer questions about it. Did I mention I love reading? Aced this part of the test also. Perfect score, here I come.

The final part of my journey was Science. Oh crap. Did I mention my last 3 science teachers have been nut jobs? One of them only talked about her stupid fish and the other one acts like she's a kindergarten teacher. Her assignments include COLORING. I love coloring, but I didn't see any coloring questions on the ACT! Luckily for me though, the science section was all about reading graphs for the most part. I think I did the worst in this part of the test, but I still did really well overall.

The ACT is graded out of a composite score of 36. Around 20/36 is average or something. I'm expecting low 30's for myself. A 36 would be nice, a 35 would be grand, but I'll settle for a 31 or a 32.

Oh, and did I mention I hate the ACT?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου