Παρασκευή 27 Αυγούστου 2010

Passing Angel



You and I,
We used to walk the same path.
Both of us were lost on a never-ending road,
Looking for answers around the darkest corners.
We both were searching for someone.
No one in particular,
Not a soul mate,
Not a friend,
Just someone who could understand.
The stars were brighter when you were walking beside me.
I felt stronger and safer in a world filled with danger.
We lived like we were winning the race,
Both knowing that it was impossible,
We acted like we were in the sky,
While they had us kissing the ground.
I never knew how lucky I was until I lost you,
You walked off the path,
Not leaving even footsteps for evidence.
The comfort you brought was washed away with the rain,
That hasn’t stopped since your hand left mine.
You were my angel,
You made me smile when my world crumbled around me.
Now all I see is the rubble left of what used to be,
My life and everything you meant to me.
Looking back now,
It’s almost as if you never had wings.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου