Παρασκευή 13 Αυγούστου 2010

Silent Surrender




I promise not utter a word when the ground falls out from beneath us,
All of the slurred lies finally covering everything,
I will sink beneath them,
Drowning with each new story.
I promise that I will remain quiet,
Because if I don’t your whole life with collapse before you.
You will lose the ones who love you,
All because of a weakness you have for a bottle.
Your escape for the moment,
That leaves you tumbling through the door,
Lying completely unconscious on the floor.
The infinite times you told me it was over,
I believed you.
Every tear shed the days you were gone,
Never seemed to change you.
Every time life turned a corner you didn’t want to take,
You lost yourself in the blur of intoxication.
But I’ll keep my promise,
Watch you slowly drift away from the truth,
With every sip you take,
The flame in your throat as the alcohol rushes through,
Leaves you feeling in control,
Nothing can hurt you if you run away,
No more scars left from the burn of the reality.
I will soak up your deception,
And live in it with you.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου